Mango is my Favorite fruit! And Mangoes are in season!! And it is also the best time to get out and enjoy some barbecue or go picnicking...So let's make some yummy chutney to pair with it. You can also enjoy it as a dip or side with any crispy or finger food!
The best part about living in Singapore is that we get Mangoes almost year long!
Semi-ripe Mango - 1 Medium
Ginger Paste - 1/4 Tsp
Garlic Paste - 1/4 Tsp
Sugar - 5 Tbsp + Water as needed
Red Chilly Flakes - 1 Tsp or as per Taste
Vinegar 1/2 Tsp
Salt - to Taste
- Cut the Mango into thin slices
- Mix the sugar with Mangoes and a little water till the Mangoes float in the mixture
- Heat it on medium flame till the mangoes become a bit soft.
- Taste to check, if it is too sour add some more sugar
- Now add chilly, ginger-garlic paste, vinegar and salt
- Cook till the mixture thickens and the mango slices turn transparent
- Add more water and boil if you want the chutney to be more flowy
- Store in the refrigerator