Mangoes are in Season at full, they are one of my favorite tropical fruits. This is a wonderful yummy treat to beat the heat with all natural ingredients and my version is a bit on the skinny side but without any compromise on Taste!!
Milk- 3 Cups (I used skimmed one)
Ripe Sweet Mango Pulp- 1 Cup
Sugar - 1/3 Cup or add/reduce as per your taste
Saffron - 4/5 Strands
Ground Almonds - 3 Tbsp
1. Reduce the milk to 1/3 by cooking on medium heat and stirring in between. Be careful not to burn it. Or you can also do this in Microwave- heat milk for 3 to 4 minutes then stir, repeat till it is reducer to one-third. Microwave method is safer if you feat that it might get burbled on stove. This is what will make your dessert creamy and reduce the ice crystals when you freeze it.
2. Add sugar mix well, add saffron and mix.
3. Let it cool to room temperature.
4. Add almonds and mango puree.
5. You don't need any color as you get a beautiful natural creamy yellow from the mangoes.
6.. Transfer to moulds and freeze.