Rice – 1 Cup (Preferably Basmati Rice)
Canola Oil - 2 Tbsp
Chopped Onion – 1 large
Bay Leaves – 2
Whole Black Pepper- 4-5
Cinnamon Stick – 1” Piece
Cloves – 2-3
Green Chilies – 2 medium (or as desired)
Ginger & Garlic Paste – 1 Tsp
Green peas - 1/2 Cup
Pureed Tomatoes - 2 large
Salt - to taste
- Heat Oil, add onions, all the dry spices and the chilies.
- When the onions are slightly golden brown add the ginger & garlic paste.
- Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the washed rice and fry again for a few minutes, add the peas and salt.
- Add tomato puree + the water needed to cook the rice. (for me I need 3 cups water to cook 1 cup Rice, the puree made for 2 cups and so I added just 1 cup water.)
- Cook till the Rice is done.