What I love most about this cake is the fresh fragrance which fills my mouth with water! I love the flavor and the rich texture and I'm sure you'll love it too! So here is the recipe....
For the Cake-
All purpose flour -1 ½ cups + 2 ½ Tablespoons
Butter - ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon
Sugar- ¾ cup + 1 Tablespoon
Milk - 1 Tablespoon
Grated Orange Zest - 2 Tablespoons
Orange Juice - 3 Tablespoons
Finely Chopped Orange Peels – 2 Tablespoons
Orange Essence – 1 Teaspoon
Orange Color – A few drops (Optional)
Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
For the Orange Glaze-
Icing sugar - 1 Cup
Orange juice - 2 tablespoons Or as needed to make a thick paste
Orange Zest - 2 Tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350° F.
- Prepare a bread tin for baking by greasing and lining (I used 8X4 inches).
- Mix Butter and Sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs and mix nicely.
- Mix the baking powder with flour, add to the mixture and blend nicely.
- Add orange peels, milk, orange juice, orange essence, color and zest.
- Mix it for a few minutes. When ready pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until done. Test with a toothpick.
- Cool completely before taking it out from the pan to glaze.
- Mix icing sugar and orange juice to make a smooth but thick paste.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and use a butter knife if needed to spread it evenly.
- Decorate by sprinkling the zest over the glaze.